Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
This learner-centred approach interweaves with the ever-changing moods and marvels, potential and challenges of the natural world through the seasons to fill every Forest School session and programme with discovery and difference. Yet each programme does also share a common set of principles, aimed at ensuring that all learners experience the cumulative and lasting benefits that quality Forest School offers.
Each Forest School session will involve many and varied activities which will break down the barriers to learning. The sessions will be child led, with Mrs Carribine as facilitator ensuring full inclusion to enable a fulfilling and happy learning experience in the natural environment.
Our Forest School is led by Mrs Carribine.
Mrs Carribine is a fully qualified Forest School Leader and adds this to her extensive experience in the outdoors through her 30 years with Girlguiding UK.